Mornings can be so crazy! Especially when you’ve got a house full of kids! You never have the time you need to get everything done, even when you set the alarm earlier. One of the most important things to do though, is to always remember breakfast! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, especially for you growing little ones!
So what is your game plan to prepare a healthy breakfast, feed the kids, feed yourself, help them get ready and then, hustling them out the door all in the frame of 20 minutes?
Prepare the following breakfast for your family and stay fresh till the rest of the day – or till lunch hour at least!
Use these breakfast options in case you missed the alarm!
- Any smoothie that includes fruits and can be prepared in five minutes easy
- Toaster waffles, pancakes or French toast made with whole-grain ingredients
- Oatmeal and hot cereal
- Dried nuts
- A healthy granola bar made a night before
Healthy and Hearty breakfast Options for Your Family
- Prepare scrambled eggs using milk, ham, fresh chives and sharp cheddar. They can be prepared within minutes and pack a great deal of healthy ingredients.
- A banana sandwich is another hearty breakfast option. Just slice the banana, put a layer of almond butter, honey and sprinkle with almonds and walnuts.
- Prepare a smoothie bowl by blending raspberries, bananas, yogurt, chia seeds and milk together until the mixture is smooth. Top it with walnuts and almonds.
- Make a cantaloupe and yogurt breakfast by scooping out the seeds of the fruit, filling it with Greek yogurt, topping it with blueberries and raspberries, and serve fresh.
These are just a few of the healthy breakfast choices. The best thing about breakfast is that it can be improvised on spot. It just has to be made with healthy and nutritious ingredients!