Becoming a mom has changed my perspective. Since having children, my focus on their well-being, health and happiness has led to me searching for the most non-invasive, gentle methods for relieving illness. That search led me to Essential oils!
These are some of my favorite oils to use for my children. Take a look! Hopefully you find a few that help your children (And you!) live more healthy, happy lives!
As I’ve mentioned before, this particular blend is one of my favorites! It contains peppermint, eucalyptus, lemon, lime, and many other great oils. I have had my own experiences with this oil that has sold me on it!
Click Here to Get it >>
Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender is widely used, both on its own and as a component of many essential oil blends. The variety of purposes it is used for makes it a must have for all mommies. You can use it for:
- Giving your restless child a relaxed and peaceful sleep. Use it in a diffuser to benefit from its relaxing and calming properties.
- Relieving muscle tension.
- Treating skin irritations.
- Soothing minor cuts, insect bites and sunburns.
Bonus: It smells great!
Peppermint Essential Oil
Peppermint essential oil is highly beneficial for your little one in various ways. Some of its amazing benefits include:
- Provides relief from nausea and upset stomach.
- Perfect for combating cold and flu as it promotes normal functioning of the respiratory system.
- Mix it with a carrier oil and gently massage on your child’s feet, on the back of the neck and behind the ears to reduce fever.
Important: The recommended dilution ratio of Peppermint oil for children is 1 drop in a tablespoon of carrier oil. Since this is a strong oil, avoid using it on children under 3 years of age. Even for children above 3 years, never use it in undiluted form.
Chamomile Essential Oil
Although expensive, Chamomile essential oil helps children suffering from constipation and stomach pain by improving the functioning of the digestive system. It is known for its soothing properties. It also has anti-inflammatory properties and can be used to treat ear infections.
|Caution: Do not use any essential oil in undiluted form on children. A 0.25% dilution is the safest ratio for children below 6 years of age and a 1% dilution for above 6 years of age. Also, avoid using them internally or near airways (mouth and nose) unless advised by a doctor or an expert.|